Further Web Resources
(book links to come later!)
Here's a bundle of interesting but totally
cider-related links to browse. You'll need to use your browser's
"back" button to return to my site after checking these out, though.
me if any of the links get broken and don't work, or if you'd like
to suggest something else that should be added:
And finally, don't forget the wealth of information available at the UK based Cider Workshop website and discussion group and the US Cider Digest!
- The Agriculture Canada
on Juicing and Fermenting - out of print but viewable here now !!
Cider Company (Germany)
- A rather natty little device - the Apple Wizard - for picking up apples off the ground without stooping!
- The new Cider Workshop website and discussion group is a great place to go for small scale cider related information
- The official
Home Winemakers Manual" for Download (very helpful and detailed) (new link kindly supplied by Jodi
Scrumpy Users Guide (actually much more sensible than its name might
imply! Now also contains Gillian Grafton's old cider site too)
Insight - a super little article on dialect cider words by Michael
Farm Cider Centre in Sussex
Gloucestershire Orchard Group for a wealth of information about old
apple varieties and renovating traditional orchards
Farm - I don't know these people but they do some cidermaking it seems
Ground, who co-ordinate Apple Day in the UK
commercial producer of mostly 'own-label' ciders in the UK
which houses the official UK apple collection
based multinational yeast company
Table Wines at Home" from the world-famous enology department at UC
on 'Stoeffche' or Frankfurt cider
on German cider from Kaiser's Online
- Don't forget the Cider Workshop for its take on craft and small scale cidermaking issues!
not altogether accurate encylopedia entry about the history of cider!
in the Berkshires (USA)
from New Hampshire (USA)
on a small commercial scale - the Austrian LABU site
UNICID official cider website
this is a (French) Basque cider site, but since it's all written in the
Basque language it means nothing to me (apart from the link back to my
Cider in British Columbia (Canada)
for Apples" from Michigan (USA)
Frankfurter cider page
Fruit Presses from Austria (leaflets to download)
Cider Company - not far from me in South Oxfordshire
- all in Spanish
of Much Marcle - one of the bigger UK independent cider makers
Bachman at Lakeshore Winery, Cayuga Lake, upstate New York
- HP Bulmer the
Need we say more?
Ireland (aka Magners) - absolutely no connection with the above
Company of Sandford near Weston-super-Mare. Streaking ahead in the
Clark cider brands - what we used to know as Showerings, Taunton,
US importer's take on Taunton Dry Blackthorn cider (now a Matthew Clark
/ Canadaigua / Constellation brand), some of which is nearly accurate!
Hayes' orchard and cidermaking at Botley, near Southampton
- Stephen is a member of the Cider Workshop website and discussion group. Are you?
Meow Part 3 Chapter 11 - An odd title for a collection of cider
I prefer to think of 'processes' rather than 'recipes' - but people
a brewing background are always asking me for them, so this is the
I send them.
- Domaine d'Apreval Cider and Calvados makers in the
- An interesting few pages of cidermaking
(and keeving!) on a hobby scale in Picardy.
- Eve's Cidery
near Ithaca, in upstate New York
Ridge, a new cidery in the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains, USA
Phillips' (US) Lost Nation Organic Apple Orcharding Site (and links
to his wonderful book!)
- Crispin, an amateur cider-maker in Exeter
- Jim Callender's Real Cider site "providing information on the enjoyment of the traditional craft of 'Real' Cider"
- The unusual and perhaps unique Scottish Cider company Waulkmill Cider Orchard in Dumfriesshire
- Nooksyard Cider Company run by Matt in Cheshire
- Matt is a member of the Cider Workshop discussion group. Are you?
to Contents Page
Last update August 2010